Yeezy Season 1.
Do I have to say more? Kanye West and Adidas unveiled their first collaboration in New York City and showcased the Yeezy Collection. Named Yeezy Season 1 the collection features a series of apparel and the new footwear including the adidas Yeezy 750 Boost and the adidas Yeezy 350 Boost. And in my opinion here is why the hype is so real (I can feel it all the way to Europe):
1. The collection is timeless and at the same time it’s zeitgeisty.
2. The presentation. Simple, clean, urban and putting the collection in the spotlight. And it’s so smart to portray nakedness so that the focus is on the clothing. The idea is genius!
3. The models. The mixture of not experienced and experienced models like Ian Connor, Kylie Jenner, Amina Blue, Dudley O’Shaughnessy or Jackson Hale and the variety of looks is making the collection very approachable. The models are reflecting society and showing different shapes, heights, colors and faces.
4. Not so relevant, but still relevant for the press: the front row. When Beyonce, Jay-Z, Kim, Anna Wintour and Puffy (the 90s are back) are sitting in the front row then you already know what’s up.
5. Just take a look:
And last but not least:
6. This day is going down in history as the day when Nike fucked up. Nike, you fucked up! BIG TIMES!
I am just praying that the fashion pieces are not too expensive. But this collection needs to be supported. #TeamAdidas